Monday 1 January 2018

GNW Russians I

So first post of the year is of the last figures I painted in 2017. They are for the start of my Russian army for 1708 onwards. My earlier Russian troops for the auxiliary corps in Saxon service will be kept separate.

First up is 3 squadrons of the Moscovoski Dragon regiment. The figures are from Warrior miniatures.



Next up is what all Russian armies need, namely artillery. So 2 batteries of medium guns already completed. I do have some mortars to add and intend to get some light guns as well. The figures again are from Warrior miniatures.

Medium artillery
Rummaging in my remaining figures I can add a Guard infantry battalion (nearly completed), 2 infantry battalions and 3 squadrons each of Dragoons and Horse grenadiers. These will keep me going until a small order from Roundway arrives with 4 more infantry battalions and some mounted colonels and Generals for some command groups.

10 comments: